Only on Che.com :: Latest News
September 8, 2013
Teijin Frontier to establish new company in Myanmar
Teijin Frontier Co. (www2.teijin-frontier.com) — the Teijin Group's (Tokyo, Japan; www.teijin.com) fiber-products converting company — announced today that it will establish Teijin Frontier Myanmar Co., Ltd. in Yangon, Myanmar, on October 1 to strengthen Teijin Frontier’s overseas operations and also to further expand the company’s global network.
The new company, in which Teijin Frontier will hold a 99% share and Teijin Frontier Thailand the remaining 1%, will handle production management for Teijin Frontier’s overseas manufacturing network, explore opportunities for new production facilities and conduct domestic market research.
“Myanmar is seen as a promising China-plus-one market, and as we focus on strategic global expansion this year, the establishment of this new company will help reinforce sewing productivity and improve our production management capabilities,” says Tetsushi Takenaka, president of Teijin Frontier. “Teijin Frontier will continue to strengthen its global value chain from raw materials to finished products.”