In response to Government calls for businesses to support in the production and supply of ventilators and ventilator components, Porvair Filtration Group Ltd. (Segensworth, Fareham, Hampshire, U.K.) has rapidly adapted some its manufacturing processes in order to join forces in the fight against COVID-19.
Ventilator and breathing apparatus:
- Porvair’s Segensworth Division has been selected to support Project Oyster (the British Consortium of carmakers, Formula One teams, and airplane manufacturers) who has been urged to build 10,000 ventilators. Porvair will be supplying flat discs to be used as air filters, to protect against dust ingestion
- Porvair’s Wrexham Division is manufacturing filter components for several of the organizations who are now building breathing apparatus to hospitals
- Porvair’s Caribou Division is manufacturing and supplying critical porous metal parts for use within ventilators, clinical analyzers and respirators
- Porvair’s Sciences Division has increased production of millions of pipette tips to be used in the United States for their Covid-19 testing kits, as well as supplying consumables for dozens of US testing laboratories
- Porvair has supplied bulk filtration media to one of our German distributors to be manufactured into filters for the German Covid-19 testing program
- Porvair’s Wrexham Division is undertaking a rapid development project to use existing DNA extraction products and use the technology to design and manufacture RNA extraction kits
- Porvair is supplying chromatography bed supports and pharmaceutical grade water to pharmaceutical customers whose production is increasing
- Porvair’s sister company Seal Analytical are supplying water quality testing kits and general industrial filters to pharmaceutical and chemical reagent customers for their requirements
Whilst Porvair has proven that it can rapidly adapt processes to cater for these critical industries, the company says it will continue to manufacture its broad portfolio of products into established markets, including aerospace and defense, nuclear, food and beverage and microelectronics.